Great news for families in the Brighouse area!
Trinity Academy Brighouse as part of Trinity Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) will benefit from all its experience and expertise into creating another unique and exceptional academy which opens up exciting new opportunities for every student. Trinity MAT brings high standards and our core values, together with the right resources and goals to ensure our students make the same excellent progress as at other MAT schools, such as the outstanding Trinity Academy Halifax.
What you can expect
Trinity Academy Brighouse will be an outstanding school with an enhanced focus on science and maths. We will draw on our organisation’s proven and well-established model that is already raising standards and transforming lives in our academies. We will offer:
- exceptional pastoral care for students, outstanding outcomes and a commitment to valuing and nurturing the whole person
- a broad and balanced curriculum taught by highly skilled and trained specialists, embedding the core skills of literacy and numeracy, and igniting a passion for maths and science
- an extra-curricular STEM Academy to extend students’ learning and open their eyes to the future possibilities studying STEM subjects could offer
- a strong focus on maths and sciences at KS4, unique in Calderdale, to embed skills, instil deep subject knowledge and enable students to achieve outstanding results
- a range of options at KS4 that will equip students with a portfolio of strong qualifications whilst still allowing choice across a broad range of subjects
Our vision for the new academy is ambitious and in line with local and national priorities. It aligns with both the Calderdale 2024 vision that everyone, regardless of background, should ‘realise their potential’. We embrace this aspiration whole-heartedly. With this in mind, Trinity Academy Brighouse will be:
- a hub of excellence for maths and science
- a valued and respected centre for staff development, promoting research-led pedagogy and excellence in the classroom, which introduces new talent to the teaching profession, significantly improves retention and develops leadership
- a welcoming place for parents, actively encouraging engagement with students’ learning and raising aspiration in the local community
Our aim is to establish a free school that will be a catalyst for improvement in Calderdale and a model for other schools that will raise the standard of science and maths education locally and nationally.